Monday, November 11, 2013

Have an inspiring start!

Mondays are always difficult to cope with, but at the beginning of every week I try to map a list of inspiring things to look forward to or to think about. And this makes everything easier.


It’s been so cold these days that I can only think about Christmas markets, with the hot wine and sausages. This year I’m dreaming of visiting Colmar, one of the prettiest little town in the world, that hosts every year a famous and idyllic market.


Or to go to Trier to eat a Germknödel, my favorite German/Austrian deserts in the world - a fluffy yeast dough dumpling with a mix of poppy seeds and sugar, filled with spicy plum jam and floating in a sea of vanilla sauce. We don’t have that in Luxembourg, but I’ve tried last year in Trier and it was pretty good.
As we’re talking about the Christmas markets, I can’t wait to start the annual Gluhwein quest in Luxembourg. Last year I found my favorite at a stall near Circle Cite, but who knows, maybe we’ll have something new this year.



The rain has been with us for some time now, so I hope it goes away to visit other places and I finally can take a long walk in the forest that looks amazing with the autumn clothes.


On Sunday I listened to the wonderful Michael Nyman Band, an energizing and inspiring experience to hear them play live. One of my favorite songs was the soundtrack of “The cook, the thief, his wife and her lover”, an artsy British-French movie that is now on my “to be seen movies” list.



Plus, I need to start planning on my Christmas decoration list, so I have created a special board in Pinterest to help me with that.

What keeps you going through these icy times?

No comments:

Post a Comment