Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Dutch seaside at Noordwijk


I’ve been always fascinated by the idea of going to the beach just to hang out, despite the lack of warm weather, to read a book, take a long walk (with your dog if you have any) or just listen to the waves. After my tulip afternoon at Keukenhof I have just discovered the perfect place to do this. It’s located in Noordwijk and has an atmosphere that reminds me of Etretat in Normandy (minus the spectacular rocks). 


And the strong wind didn’t keep people away from the beach so there was quite a show there –two brave surfers plunging in the freezing sea, children playing barefoot with the kites and me shivering with a red nose drinking hot chocolate.
Apparently the weather gets warmer in summer considering that the resort attracts around one million people each year. But regardless the season it’s well worth a 10 minutes drive if you are going to Lisse. 



No comments:

Post a Comment