Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The best Gluhwein (mulled wine) in Luxembourg



Every December I embark on a Gluhwein quest, trying to discover the best place for this amazing Christmas drink. So you can imagine my happy spirits before Christmas- but of course it’s all for a good cause – I want to taste real Christmas in a cup.   


And it’s definitely not an easy task. Though the Christmas market in Luxembourg is not very big, there is quite a variety when it comes to the quality of wine. There is one stand – the train that is in front of Cercle Cite - that sells a sort of drink that is more like hot artificial juice than wine.
Anyway, after trying almost everything, I found my place of joy. It’s located in the Christmas market from Gaelle Frau, very close to the back and they sell the best one I’ve tasted so far. The alcohol is not burnt out and you can actually taste the flavor of infused spices. Just a sip and you forget about the cold.


Plus, they have these cute mugs that look like a Christmas tree.
Did you find your favorite gluhwein?

No comments:

Post a Comment