Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Robbie Williams – Swing Both Ways



Robbie Williams has always had a constant presence on my playlist and although he had some ups and downs in his career he managed to get back on track and find new inspiration. The Take the Crown album, although is not bad, lacks mojo and song are quite safe, so it didn’t bring any emotion in my life.
But the new Swing Both Ways is amazing – it has that old fashioned vintage feel of the old movies and spreads good feelings everywhere. It’s so relaxing; I can just imagine myself listening to it in front of a fireplace, with a glass of Prosecco, cuddled in a warm and fuzzy blanket.
 


As for Robbie, he has announced a European Tour to promote the new album next year, but he will again perform on big stadiums, which I don’t think is a good idea for this kind of music. I would have imagined a nice show at Royal Albert Hall, like he did in the past, but no, he preferred the O2 Arena in London…Money in the bank…
But today I’ve just heard a great news - he will perform at the closing of the ski season in Ischgl – a resort famous for its Top of the mountain concert. 


Now that’s something I would like to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment